BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Callings vs. Choices


     I have had a milestone birthday this summer.  It has given me cause to do a great deal of thinking retrospectively.  It seems our lives are formed by experiences that are not what we would have chosen for ourselves, but are the result of callings the Lord has placed in our path.  Living in eight different states with wards or branches with little depth of leadership, has given me the opportunity to grow tremendously in areas I never would have chosen to be part of my life.  I have had to learn much and push beyond my levels of comfort.  I am truly grateful for the Lord's direction for my life.  My chosen path would have been a very different one.
     I worry about getting to the point where my contributions are less "give" and more "support".  I am not sure that I can make that transition gracefully.  That is a pride thing and I will have to repent of that one.  Oh well, . . . enough musing.




0 comments: